Times, trials, and turbulence.
Project Skirmish: Demo One
Just a short and to-the-point entry tonight, featuring the first downloadable demo for Project Skirmish. This is a demo of the press-mouse-to-spew-firearms functionality that I wrote about a couple of entries ago. Click to spawn random guns. Simple enough.
The goals are:
- To ensure that my distribution
guessesmethods are proper for Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux.
- To determine the game’s average performance on various systems.
- To gauge if my current method of calculating updates-per-second is going to hold under non-development-computer conditions.
- Fun? 🙂
If you would like to test one (or more) of these out, please be sure to respond with the following information:
- What OS(es) your feedback applies to.
- What steps you had to take to get the demo to work. (if any)
- Your system’s processor speed, amount of RAM, and video card.
- Your FPS and UPS at: 0 props, 100 Props, and 500 Props
- Any bugs, glitches, or odd occurrences that may have taken place.
A huge thanks in advance to everyone who takes the time to help test the existing Skirmish base. 🙂